Pages

Saturday 7 May 2011

DE.LI.CIOUS : Apple Crumble

I've talked about my art attack in previous entry. Now, I'm gonna share something that is DE.LI.CIOUS! APPLE CRUMBLE!!! YUMMY!
 
Why I chose apple crumble? because I've a bag of apples that I'm not able to finish up until it's rotten. Yucksie! So, instead of wasting the poor food, why not we do something nice with it, aye!
 
Where did the apples come from? Ok, I don't have the trees for sure! I got it from my dad. Thanks dad! Love ya!
 
How I got the recipe for APPLE CRUMBLE? Of course by 'googling' here & there. I found one that's SIMPLE & EASY to follow, without stewing the apples. But I felt like testing my skills last night (and waste some time), so I referred from wikiHow
 
What are the ingredients?
6 Apples - your choice to choose green or red apples
250g (9 oz or 2 cups + 1 tsp) white sugar - I used Brown sugar instead
200g (7 oz or 1.5 cup) plain white flour
150g 100g (5.5 oz or 5 Tbsp) unsalted butter - dont have it, used salted butter :D
1 clove or cinnamon stick - i use ground cinnamon
Cream or vanilla ice cream - optional

Lets move on to the instructions:
For Filling:
Peel the apples and dice into small cubes. Put the chopped apples in a pan together with 3/4 of the sugar and some cinnamon. Close the lid. Stew gently for half and hour or until the apples are soft enough (but not pureed). Stir it occasionally to avoid the apples from burning.
Chopped apples, Sugar, cinnamon
Once the apples are soft, pour them into your baking dish and allow it to cool.
My Opinion? The sugar was too much! I should have reduce it a bit (-___-)
For Topping:
While waiting for the filling to cool down, you can start preparing the topping. Mix the white flour with butter and the remaining sugar gently with your fingertips until it takes on a bread crumb consistency. I also added some oat to the mixture which is optional.
My Opinion: The butter also was too much! Hmm... I add some flour to get the crumble texture (^_^)V
Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 150ºC (300ºF). Then, add the crumble topping onto the apple filling, without pressing. You can also sprinkle ground cinnamon ot the crumble.

Now, you're ready to bake the APPLE CRUMBLE! woohoo! Bake for 30 minutes or until the crumble is brown/crunchy.
Wanna see the outcome!
.
.
.
.
.
.
My first and definitely not last apple crumble!
You can enjoy it with either cream or vanilla ice cream, which ever suites with your throat... teehehee... I dont have any of them... /sweat
So who's gonna taste the first batch? Well, tonight I'm sleeping at DP and let my family be the judges.

The feedback/reviews? 'Manis berdengung'! (meaning = too sweet) Ahaha... /wahaha I guess I had it coming. The amount of sugar was too much. Ok, be it. Next time, gonna reduce it and also reduce the butter to 100g instead.
Feel free to try! *BURP*

No comments:

Post a Comment